Thursday, October 15, 2015

Tues-Thurs, October 13-15: Beach Life Holiday

Having been thrilled by the scuba diving and snorkeling here, I changed up plans to be able to return to Candidasa for a couple more nights to enjoy the relaxed beach life of Bali.  While my original intent was to get another couple of dive trips in, I developed a plugged ear (likely the result of inexperience in descending too quickly and not clearing my ears properly) -- so decided to limit my activities to snorkeling.  Over the next three days I enjoyed two snorkeling trips.  Snorkeling across the coral reefs amongst the abundance and variety of fish here should be on everyone's bucklist. There were times when I felt surrounded by massive schools of fish such that I felt like I was in their fish bowl -- I floated with amazement even wondering about the stratified behavior of fish as many only swim in schools of the same species even as they live in peace with the abundance of diversity around them (of course I didn't see any predators or predatory behavior!)

Two days of nonstop activity - visiting, eating, drinking - and the days passed in a flash.

And once again I stepped beyond the end of my comfort zone and took the back seat of a motorbike to make our way to the "White Sand Beach" lined with warungs that allow you to pick from the fresh day's catch and then serve you with that on the beach.  The fish would have been delicious in any setting, but here, beachside amongst new friends after taking a 20 minute ride on the back of a motorbike (where I looked and felt like a whale compared to my driver) -- the fish couldn't have tasted better.









The boat of the BambuDivers.Com -- and no that isn't my bald head on the front of the boat.  That's the Dutch guy -- one of the Bambu Divers owners.




No comments:

Post a Comment