Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tuesday, October 6 - Part 1

I was excited to awake in time to watch a spectacular sunrise with introspection about the fortunate circumstances that have allowed me yet another sunrise with good health and happiness to be fulfilling my wanderlust spirit.

Thereafter I proceeded to the "included" breakfast and agreed to the suggested "eggs/bacon" thinking there was no other choice.  Given the touristy nature of this beach hotel, I'm guessing most of their guests desire traditional, western-style breakfast.  However, when it was served, the waitress told me that I should also help myself to a nearby buffet the included more traditional rice/noodles and fruit.  I had a little of both: 


As I posted, yesterday I walked the beach path as far as time and my feet would allow -- but this morning I decided I could make even more distance by renting a bicycle.  80,000 rupiah (about $5.50 USD) gave me two hours of riding the entire Sanur waterfront to watch and smell as the beachfront woke up.  Here I had stopped for a much needed water break.


And afterwards I still had time before check out and Made's arrival to enjoy the pool and cool off from my ride.


Made was punctual at 11:30 and we set off in a sea of cars and motorbikes into the mountains to first visit a couple of local tourist attractions on our way to Made's home in Bedulu.  We first stopped and hiked down to one of seven of Bali's most beautiful waterfalls - the Tegenungan Waterfall...



...and then stopped at a nearby coffee/tea demonstration plantation to learn and taste an abundance of local coffees/teas including the famous Kopi Luwak made from part-digested coffee cherries defecated by a type of wild cat -- and the subject of the "laugh 'til you cry" bucket list item in the 2007 movie "The Bucket List" with Jack Nicolson and Morgan Freeman, excerpted here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USEpUcdqciQ


To be continued in next posting...







No comments:

Post a Comment